Princess Arianne Martell is the eldest daughter of Doran Martell, the ruling Prince of Dorne, and his consort, Lady Mellario of the Free City of Norvos. According to Dornish customs, she is the heiress of Sunspear, and the future ruling Princess of Dorne. Arianne is buxom and beautiful, calculating, adventurous, and fierce-tempered. She becomes a POV Character in A Feast for Crows.
Arianne has two younger brothers, Quentyn and Trystane. However, she is close to neither, as Quentyn has been fostered at Yronwood from an early age, and Trystane is eleven years younger than Arianne. Instead, her best companions during are friends made during childhood: Andrey "Drey" Dalt, Garin, Sylva Santagar, and her cousin Tyene Sand. Arianne at first was also close to her father. However, when she accidentally found a half-written letter from Doran to her younger brother Quentyn stating that Quentyn would one day rule Dorne, Arianne concluded that Doran intended to pass her over. She wished for her father to show that he valued her, and began to rebel. When she reaches the age of marriage, Arianne feels hurt when her father presents only elderly lords as possible suitors. She rejects all of them, and makes several attempts to come to a match of her own, but fails in the attempts for various reasons. Arianne slowly becomes convinced that her father hates her, completely unaware of the secret plans Doran has had for her for years. Read more...
- "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints – 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do...'" – Dolorous Edd 
- "Why is it always the innocents who suffer most, when you high lords play your game of thrones?" – Varys, to Ned Stark 
- "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." – Jojen Reed to Bran Stark 
Did you know...
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 13, Jon II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 58, Eddard XV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 34, Bran III.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands: The Lords of Harrenhal.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 52, Jon VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Prologue.
- ↑ 92nd Street Y: Game of Thrones Mastermind George R. R. Martin: The World of Ice and Fire (Oct 26, 2014)
- ↑ Not a Blog: It's in the Pits (Jan 21, 2013)
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.